Preparation time: 3 hrs
Freezing time: 6 hrs to overnight
Yield: 15 to 17 (about 4″ in size)
- Evaporated milk – 1 can
- Condensed milk – 1 can
- Heavy cream – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Unsweetened milk powder – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom pods – 4
- One big pinch of saffron
- Whole cashew nut – 4 to 5
- Finely chopped unsalted blanched pistachios – 3 tbsp
- Finely chopped unsalted blanched almonds – 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Dry roast blanched nuts and then chop them to small pieces or just pulse them separately until you get small pieces.
- In a sauce pan add evaporated milk, heavy cream, milk powder and mix well. Bring it to a boil over medium heat by constantly stirring.
- Add condensed milk little by little and check for sweetness and then add the rest.
- Add saffron, powder cardamom and all the chopped nuts and turn off heat.
- Let it cool and then refrigerate it for an hour or two.
- Now add the refrigerated kulfi mix to the molds until 3/4 th full and freeze it overnight.
- If you are using a plastic cup or an aluminum mold cover up with plastic wrap or foil (to avoid icy crystal formation on top) and insert a popsicle wooden stick to the mold.